We will discover mezcal with an experience that will titillate all our senses! Just by making some minor adjustments to the mezcal routes, we can have activities for everyone. The idea is simple: a person's limitations become disabled only as a result of the person's interaction with an environment that does not provide adequate support to reduce their functional limitations. Autentico San Luis invites you to reassess the tradition of potosino mezcal and have the opportunity to reflect on the rights of people with disabilities.
WE ARE IN PHASE III : ADJUSTMENTS FOR PEOPLE WITH VISUAL IMPAIRMENTS
We will leave San Luis Potosí at 10:00 a.m. where 60 minutes from the capital city, a famous hacienda from the colonial era is still preserved. Our destination invites you to discover the exteriors of the impressive Hacienda de Bocas. Very close to the Hacienda, Mezcal Patatús is a project that rejuvenated the ancestral way of doing mezcal.
We will begin the sensory tour of the mezcal routes from its first step. We will visit the agave plantations inside the property, surrounded by those fences of desert organs. We will talk about the plant, how the spirit is made and its many other uses in the desert communities.
We will go through their ancestral volcanic stone ovens, where pineapples are cooked for days to get their brown color and sweet taste. It is time to start grinding, a large stone tahona is driven to grind cooked agaves in its path. Do you hear the crushing? The stone is big and rough.
The pulp and liquid are transferred to the fermentation pools, bubbling and odors are due to the biochemical process. The fermented product is ready to be distilled, we will get to know the ancestral and artisanal way to extract the spirit of this Mexican drink. We will properly taste the mezcal with a blind tasting.
Currently, mezcal has been proclaimed as a fashionable drink thanks to its great tradition and roots in Mexican society. The preparation of drinks has reached the world of mezcal to find more followers thanks to its versatility and flavor. The preparation of 2 simple cocktails will be demonstrated so that the assistant can adopt and learn to make them for friends and gatherings.
Our hosts have a very special place with all the facilities and amenities we are used to. They will surprise us with a gastronomic sample from the Potosino plateau, on this occasion, a barbeque cooked in leaves of Agave.
A memorable afternoon among friends, or more than friends, those who are already family. After a little dessert, it is time to return to the city to end the day.
APPROXIMATE EXCURSION TIME: 7 horas
- Discover the technique of campanilla, a distillation system with internal Cultural Heritage of Producers in the area.
- Discover the ancestral and artisanal process of mezcal, visiting a project committed to the social, ecological and economic sustainability of the high plateau region. # MezcalPatatús
- Cooking, grinding, fermentation and distillation will be the different phases that will culminate in a tasting.
- Learn to taste mezcal, find those hidden tones that make it unique.
- Make simple and delicious drinks, surprise your acquaintances with mezcal cocktails.
- From its origins, the potosina haciendas had integrated Mezcal projects creating their own culture in the region. The railroad and the beginnings of the industrial revolution took them to the height. In its decline, the popular tradition was hidden amongst its taverns and reduced productions.
- Artisanal Mezcal
- Tasting and Cocktails
- Gastronomic Experience Patatús
- Solar Radiation:
The sunlight of the potosino plateau is very STRONG. Wear your HAT, a cool LONG SLEEVE cotton shirt, some sunblock with 50 + UV solar PROTECTION and dark SUNGLASSES.
It is important to reduce the risk of dehydration in all excursions. We encourage the use of REUSABLE bottles. WE RECOMMEND: Nalgene, they are durable and of very good quality.
- Flora and Fauna:
Long pants, to avoid scratches from the cacti.
- Irregular Terrain:
CLOSED shoes with GOOD NON-SLIPPERY soles.
- Industrial Scenarios:
Our tours take place in some factories and taverns. It is important to take EXTREME CAUTION and at all times follow the INSTRUCTIONS of the guide to locate yourself in safe areas.
- Communities and Culture:
We will visit rural areas where we have RESPECT for the local inhabitants and traditions, always be FRIENDLY AND GRATEFUL, always greet the locals.
- Flora, Fauna and Archeology:
The EXTRACTION of plants and animals from the desert is PROHIBITED, in addition to any ALTERATION in the historical structures that we will visit. In particular, we are AGAINST TAGS AND GRAFITIS on the monuments and the leaves of the Cacti!
- General State of Health:
ONLY FOR 18+ AND OVER:
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM POLICY
Do not forget that it is good to carry a little extra cash, not only for tips, but to BUY artcrafts and products elaborated in the region. A fair trade that spills economic resources for the inhabitants of the rural areas visited.
Visit our Rules and Regulations to learn more information!
- PRICE WITH TAXES INCLUDED.
- TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE MEETING POINT IN THE POTOSINA CAPITAL.
- GUIDE: Certified guide SECTUR NOM-009-TUR-2002
- HYDRATION AND CALORIC RECOVERY: Water, isotonic drink, GORP energy bar.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE AND ACTIVITIES.
- TICKETS TO THE PROPERTIES.
- TOUR IN THE ANCESTRAL AND ARTISANAL MEZCAL PROCESS.
- COCKTAIL DEMONSTRATION.
- TRADITIONAL FOOD OF THE PLATAEU REGION.
- TRANSPORTATION OF THE HOTEL TO THE MEETING POINT.
- TIPS FOR LOCAL GUIDES.
- ACCOMMODATION IN THE CITY OF SAN LUIS POTOSÍ.
- EXTRA ACTIVITIES: HORSERIDING, HARVESTING TECHNIQUE OF AGAVE, etc.
ESPAÑOL $2,000.00 MXP