SAN LUIS POTOSÍ
Express Visit 2 hours
The capital of San Luis Potosi combines its mining past with a magical touch of the colonial era. The streets of the historic center guard more than 420 years of legends and anecdotes among its gardens, squares, alleys and churches. In turn, the city is a cultural hub for young artists, an ideal space for the development of new ideas and a peaceful lifestyle.
We will discover the historic center of the capital; between its cobbled streets and old buildings, we dive into those times of Spanish colonization and the independent Mexico. We will begin the pedestrian route with a very accurate route, going from its foundation in 1592, its exquisite colonial touch in buildings and churches; to its baroque, churrigueresque and neoclassical influences. Besides the mining of gold and silver, the rhyolite rock was exploited to decorate the city, in the expert hands of artisans who detailed their facades and balconies. We will walk through the streets to conclude in the Guerrero garden. Do not forget to bring comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen.
APPROXIMATE EXCURSION TIME: 02 hours
- We will get to know the city of San Luis Potosí in an interesting, historical and detailed way.
- At the same time, we will discover the contemporaneity that its citizens live, in an anecdotal and relaxed way.
- We will get to know in detail the secrets kept by the historic center, declared by UNESCO as part of the Camino Real de Tierra Adentro and recognized as a World Heritage Site in 2010.
- Plaza Fundadores, Plaza de Armas, Antiguo Ayuntamiento, Catedral Metropolitana de San Luis Potosí, Plaza del Carmen, Templo del Carmen, Iglesia de San Agustín, Jardín Guerrero y Plaza Aránzazu.
- Solar Radiation:
The sunlight of the potosino plateau is very STRONG. Wear your HAT, a cool LONG SLEEVE cotton shirt, some sunblock with 50 + UV solar PROTECTION and dark SUNGLASSES.
It is important to reduce the risk of dehydration in all excursions. We encourage the use of REUSABLE bottles. WE RECOMMEND: Nalgene, they are durable and of very good quality.
- Irregular Terrain:
The greatest risk in Mexico is the streets, please use CLOSED toed shoes with GOOD NON-SLIPPERY soles.
- Urban Scenarios:
Our pedestrian tours take place in the historic center of San Luis Potosí. It is important to take EXTREME CAUTION with the vehicles and at all times to follow the INSTRUCTIONS of the guide to locate yourself in safe areas.
- Communities and Culture:
We will visit some religious places where we must have RESPECT for the visitors and their traditions, always be FRIENDLY AND GRATEFUL.
- General State of Health:
This type of excursion does NOT require EXTRAORDINARY physical condition, anyone can do it. It is important to COMMUNICATE to the guide any important personal health situation.
The city of San Luis Potosí is nationally recognized for its inclusive tourism. We are very enthusiastic, that is why we have trained in the Diploma of Inclusive Tourism and we belong to the Ibero-American Network of Inclusive Tourism. Surely anyone can do this tour, it is necessary to book a private tour to be scheduled a week in advance.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- PRICE WITH TAXES INCLUDED.
- GUIDE: SECTUR certified guide NOM-009-TUR-2002
- ENTRANCE FEES.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- TRANSPORTATION OF THE HOTEL TO THE MEETING POINT.
- TIPS FOR LOCAL GUIDES.
- ACCOMMODATION IN THE CITY OF SAN LUIS POTOSÍ.
- EXTRA ACTIVITIES.
¡Conoce nuestros procesos y políticas de RESERVACIÓN!