SAN LUIS POTOSÍ
Deluxe Tour 4 hours
We will discover the historic center of the capital with a pedestrian route, between its cobbled
streets and old buildings,
which will immerse us in
those times of Spanish
and independent Mexico. We will begin the pedestrian route with a very accurate route, going from its foundation in 1592, its exquisite colonial touch in buildings and churches; to its baroque, churrigueresque and neoclassical influences. Besides the mining of gold and silver, the rhyolite rock was exploited to decorate the city, in the expert hands of artisans who detailed their facades and balconies. We will walk amongst the streets to conclude in Plaza de Armas and board the San Luis Rey Tourist Tram.
The tram will take us on a panoramic route; passing through the Barrio of San Miguelito, the Caja del Agua, the long pedestrian sidewalk, and the exterior of the Santuario Basílica Menor de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. Then, we will descend from the tram to visit our last stop of the tour.
The Arts Center is a porfiriato building completed in 1904 that served as a prison, where Francisco I. Madero was imprisoned before his exile in San Antonio Texas and the drafting of the plan that resulted in the 1910 revolution. It is currently used as an Arts center where they offer academic programs in folk art, visual arts, design, performing arts such as dance, music and theater. As of spring 2018, the Leonora Carrington museum opened its doors to the permanent exhibition of surrealism.
Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunblock.
APPROXIMATE EXCURSION TIME: 04 hours
Departure: 10:00 am except on Mondays.
- We will get to know the city of San Luis Potosí in an interesting, historical and detailed way.
- At the same time, we will discover the contemporaneity that its citizens live in an anecdotal and relaxed way.
- We will get to know in detail the secrets kept by the historic center, declared by UNESCO as part of the Camino Real de Tierra Adentro and recognized as a World Heritage Site in 2010.
- We will ride the San Luis Rey Tourist Tram to have a panoramic tour from the seats at the top of the tram.
- The Bicentennial Arts Center of San Luis Potosí is an iconic space, you can't miss it.
- The Leonora Carrington Museum houses a large collection of sculptures, jewelry and an interactive room.
- PEDESTRIAN TOUR: Plaza Fundadores, Jardín Guerrero, Templo Franciscano, Plaza Aránzazu, Templo Agustino, Plaza del Carmen, Templo Carmelita, Catedral Metropolitana de San Luis Potosí, Antiguo Ayuntamiento, Plaza de Armas.
- TRAM TOUR: Jardín de San Miguelito, Caja de Agua, Calzada de Guadalupe, Santuario Basílica Menor de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, Centro de las Artes Bicentenario de San Luis Potosí.
- TOUR OF CEART: Centro de las Artes y Museo Leonora Carrington.
- Solar Radiation:
The sunlight of the potosino plateau is very STRONG. Wear your HAT, a cool LONG SLEEVE cotton shirt, some sunblock with 50 + UV solar PROTECTION and dark SUNGLASSES.
It is important to reduce the risk of dehydration in all excursions. We encourage the use of REUSABLE bottles. WE RECOMMEND: Nalgene, they are durable and of very good quality.
- Irregular Terrain:
The greatest risk in México are the sidewalks, so please wear CLOSED shoes with GOOD NON-SLIPPERY soles.
- Urban Scenarios:
Our pedestrian routes take place in the streets of the historic center of the capital of San Luis Potosí. It is important to take EXTREME CAUTION with the vehicles and at all times follow the INSTRUCTIONS of the guide to locate yourself in safe areas.
- Communities and Culture:
We will visit religious sites where visitors and traditions should be treated with RESPECT, always being KIND AND GRATEFUL.
- General State of Health:
Visit our Rules and Regulations to learn more information!
- PRICE WITH TAXES INCLUDED.
- GUIDE: Certified guide SECTUR NOM-009-TUR-2002
- TICKETS TO THE PROPERTIES AND MUSEUMS.
- PEDESTRIAN TOUR.
- TRAM TOUR.
- TOUR OF CEART SLP.
- TRANSPORTATION OF THE HOTEL TO THE MEETING POINT.
- TIPS FOR LOCAL GUIDES.
- ACCOMMODATION IN THE CITY OF SAN LUIS POTOSÍ.
- EXTRA ACTIVITIES.
Learn about our RESERVATION policies!